Monday, November 2, 2009

A SPECTACULAR SIGHTING!

This morning while walking my dogs in the bush, I spotted two Great Horned Owls sitting up in a tree. When I first saw the one, I thought it was a cat because of the ears and the size. Actually the male was larger than a cat. The female was in the same tree a few branches over and she flew away when I got closer. The male sat there until I was almost underneath him and then he flew off. I just stood there, looking up and staring. It was such an amazing thing to see those owls. I wished that I had taken my camera. It is only the second time I have seen one back there in the bush. The last time it was only the male, but it was so nice to see the pair. I guess I am priveledged to have had that experience.
Boy..........I sure do love the simple things in life.
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment