Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HOMEMADE BREAD FOR DH

Seeing that we still have snow on the ground and I can't work outside cleaning up my gardens, I decided to bake some homemade bread for DH's lunch. I also made some homemade cream of broccoli soup. We are out of firewood, and DH has gone back to the bush and collected some dry wood and he is outside splitting it now. We heat our old farmhouse with wood, and it is too cold to go without. We have been trying to conserve, but we did actually run out yesterday. So he will have a big surprise when I call him in for lunch. I just took it out of the oven 20 minutes ago and it is cooling on the rack. My kitchen smells wonderful :)

2 Loaves of homemade bread for DH

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! What a nice surprise lunch! Enjoy, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I can smell it in OH!
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....looks absolutely delicious!! I'll bet DH was delighted with this nice surprise Janet. I'm sure he enjoyed the soup and home made bread after splitting the wood.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete