Thursday, May 24, 2012

PRIMITIVE CLYDESDALE


This morning I was out in my gardens really early and at around 7:30 am, my friend Gillian pulled into my driveway with all of her gardening tools. She was here to help me garden. What a sweetheart. We accomplished so much today, she even trimmed up some of my trees. She also brought me this hand made primitive horse that she made and it looks so much like our "Dolly" who just recently passed away. I just love it! Thanks so much Gillian. We worked in the garden until lunch time, then I made us some grilled tuna and cheese wraps with apple, walnut, and cranberry salad on the side with a glass of my home made lemonade.  I am so glad that we worked early, as it got to be in the 90's after lunch. Gillian and her husband have a Primitive shop in Hensall, Ontario www.pinesamplerfurniture.com They make some great primitive furniture and Gillian makes gorgeous mohair bears and these primitive horses.
Close up of big white face, just like our Dolly had.



It even has an old quilt for the saddle pad.
I love it!


7 comments:

  1. What an awesome horse, how nice of Gillian to help you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I LOVE that horse!!! What a great friend to come help you garden and bring you such a wonderful gift. Enjoy, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and talented friend you have in Gillian, I just love her creation. If I lived closer, I would have packed my garden tools and come for a visit! Gardening friends are just the best! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she did a wonderful job on that horse..glad you had a great time in the garden..the menu sounded tasty too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful horse!! Wonderful friend!!

    Have a wonderful weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful friend to have.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That horse is AMAZING Janet! WOW!!! How sweet of Gillian to gift you with it. And, gee, I sure could use a gardening pal like her!! (Truly!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete